Friday, February 18, 2011

Thai Lesson 54: Past / Present Perfect comparison -- ภาษาอังกฤษ บทที่ 54: อดีตกาล present perfect tense

Past Tense and Present Perfect Tense comparison

• In these sentences we will use ได้ to express the present perfect tense.
• The present perfect tense implies that the action or condition that was formed in the past is still continuing in the present.

ผมเริ่มควบคุมอาหารแล้ว
I started a diet (I may or may not be on a diet now).

ผมได้เริ่มควบคุมอาหารแล้ว
I've started a diet (and I am still on a diet).

เธอไปโตเกียวแล้ว
She's went to Tokyo (and she may or may not have returned).

เธอได้ไปโตเกียวแล้ว
She's gone to Tokyo (and she is still there).

เมื่อวานนี้ฉันไม่เห็นเขาแล้ว
I didn't see him yesterday (but I might or might not have seen him today).

หมู่นี้ฉันไม่ได้เห็นเขาแล้ว
I haven't seen him recently (and the fact remains that I still haven't seen him).

ผมใช้เงินหนึ่งหมื่นบาทแล้ว
I spent 10,000 baht.

ผมได้ใช้เงินหมื่นบาทแล้ว
I've already spent 10,000 baht (and I may spend more).

No comments:

Post a Comment